Privacy Statement for the International Solid Waste Association World Congress 2020
The International Solid Waste Association World Congress 2020 (hereinafter the Congress) will be organized by STICHTING (foundation) ISWA WORLD CONGRESS 2020 (hereinafter ISWA2020). ISWA2020 will process your personal data with due care. In this Privacy Statement you can read the information on how ISWA2020 processes your personal data.
ISWA2020 is the data controller with regard to the processing of your personal data that will be processed e.g. by visiting the websites of the Congress or regarding the details you provide for the participation of the Congress.
Contact details ISWA2020
Stichting ISWA World Congress 2020
Nieuwe Stationsstraat 10, 6811 KS Arnhem
+31 88 377 0000
ISWA2020 can process the following personal data in respect of the Congress:
- first name and last name
- job title/position
- email address
- cc email address
- address, Postal code, city and country
- telephone number (office number and mobile)
- first name and last name contact for billing
- billing organisation
- billing address (address/Postal code, city and country)
- billing email address
- tax number
- dietary requirements (Lactose/gluten/noten, overige via email)
- High- and or Low Income Country
- membership of ISWA including membership number
- membership of NVRD including membership number
- copies of student cards (for student registration)
- date of birth (only for the young professional fee)
- applicable registration fee and type of registration
- consents you have given
- Top 3 Area of Interests (Waste to energy, Sustainable material management, Planning and management, Landfill management, Education and marketing, Communication, Collection and transfer
- Profile (Director/Manager, Senior Executives, Consultants/Professionals, Engineers/Developers, Vice-presidents, Students, Scientists, Other)
- Sector (Industries/Private utilities, Municipal utilities/waste management organisations, Engineering offices/consultants/service providers, Trade/authorities/universities/vacational schools/science/research/associations
- IP address
- Presenting author bio (abstract management)
- Other information you provide directly to ISWA2020
- images and videos when you attend the Congress
Our cookies are encrypted, they have the secure flag set and they will be removed if no longer needed. We are using a temporary cookie to streamline your experience. No personal data is stored, and the cookie is removed once you complete your registration.
Purposes of data processing and legal ground
ISWA2020 processes your personal data for several purposes, such as:
- communication purposes, as sending you information on the Congress or a certificate of attendance, or processing your request or complaint
- the organisation and administration of the Congress, including the organisation of seminars or workshops
- invoicing or collecting the registration fee
- audits by an accountant
- registration of your visit to the Congress
- to manage our relationship with ISWA
- to provide (photographic) reports of the congress
- your security or personal safety
- the processing of theft or damage reports
- the registration and processing of lost property
- to comply with laws and regulations and court orders or conducting legal proceedings
The processing of your personal data is based on the agreement you enter into with ISWA2020 as soon as you subscribe to the Congress. ISWA2020 can also process your personal data because of its legitimate interest to fulfil and promote its services for the organisation of the Congress and to manage our relationship with ISWA and other involved parties. In case the processing of your personal data is based on consent, you may withdraw your consent any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ISWA2020 has engaged organisations that help us to organise the Congress e.g. NVRD, the municipality of Rotterdam and Congress by design. These parties act as processors on behalf of ISWA2020 and are not allowed to process your personal data for their own purposes. Next to those parties the involved IT suppliers or suppliers of facilities services may have access to personal data.
It might also be possible that ISWA2020 is required to provide personal data to regulatory and governmental agencies as permitted or required by law, or to meet obligations to regulatory authorities.
Photographs or video footage
At the ISWA2020 World Congress photographs and video footage will be made. ISWA2020 can publish this material on its website, in newsletters and in the conference proceedings in order to give a photographic report of the congress or for promotional purposes.
Security of your personal data
ISWA2020 has taken various measures to protect the security and confidentiality of your personal data.
Data protection rights
You have specific rights under European privacy regulations, which are described below.
Right to access and rectification of your personal data
You have the right to request access to your personal data at any time. You can also access your account information by logging in to your account. If your personal data is inaccurate or incomplete you may request ISWA2020 to rectify or supplement your data.
Erasure or restriction
You may file a request to have your personal data erased (‘right to be forgotten’) restrict the processing of your personal data if you believe that ISWA2020 is unlawfully processing your personal data
You may object to the processing of your personal data on the grounds of special personal circumstances. You may also object to the processing of your personal data for marketing purposes by ISWA2020 or ISWA.
You may request the digital transmission of your personal data if your personal data was provided on the basis of your consent or an agreement with ISWA2020.
If you wish to exercise your rights or if you have any questions regarding this privacy statement or the processing of your personal data by ISWA2020, please send a message to ISWA2020@congressbydesign.com.
Retention of your personal data
ISWA2020 does not retain your personal data any longer than is necessary for the aforesaid data processing purposes. The registration data will be deleted after October 2021, unless ISWA2020 is required to retain certain personal data for a longer period, in order to comply with statutory obligations to retain records, e.g. under tax legislation.
Complaints about the processing of your personal data
If you have a complaint about the processing of your personal data by ISWA2020, please contact us. If that does not have the desired effect, you have the right to file a complaint with your privacy authority. In the Netherlands the privacy authority is the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens (Dutch Data Protection Authority). You can contact the Data Protection Authority via this link.